Welcome to our recipe blog. Today we are showing how to make healthy chicken fried rice aka ‘Chicken Biriyani’ to you. Please enjoy the recipe and let us know what you think about this recipe in the comments below.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 kg Chicken Legs 8-10
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 40 g Ginger
- 40 g Garlic
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 40 g Butter
- 5 Nos Cardamoms
- 5 Nos Cloves
- 1 No Bay Leaf
- 100 g Beans
- 100 g Carrot
- 50 g Green peas
- 50 g Corn Kernels
- 50 g Raisins
- 100 g Cashew nuts
- 5 Nos Eggs Optional
- In a mixer Jar, add two tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon turmeric powder, tablespoon garam masala, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 20 grams of ginger, 20 grams of garlic, two tablespoons of curd, some coriander leaves and mint leave. Make a fine paste and apply to chicken and put it in the fridge (or outside) for 2 hours. Do not forget to add salt and mix.
- Take 2 cups of basmati rice and wash well. Drain the rice and add five cups (please use the same cup) of water to the rice. You may need to add more water, if the rice does not cook well, and it all depends on the type of rice. Usually most of the basmati rice will be fine with this much water (double of rice taken + one cup).Now add 4/5 cloves, 5/6 cardamoms, 1 bay leave, 20 grams of butter and one medium lemon’s juice. Butter and lemon juice will help the rice not to stick together. Cover it and cook. If you can see the rice above the water, turn off the stove and leave it as it is. The rice will be well cooked after some time and no water will be in the pot. Drain the excess water using a colander.
- Now it is time to shallow fry the chicken legs. Heat oil in a pan and put the marinated chicken legs and fry. Turn occasionally and fry both sides. Once it is cooked properly, please keep it aside.
- Cook the vegetables in the microwave for 2-3 minutes
- Add some butter in a pan and fry raisins first. Once raisins grow plump you can take it from the pan. Now fry the cashew nuts in butter. Once the cashew nut’s colour changes to light brown, you can take them out of the pan and keep it aside.
- Now it is time to fry the vegetables. Add little butter and fry the vegetables until it turns soft. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Drain any excess oil from the pan in which we fried the chicken legs. Do not clean the pan as we use the same oil and any leftover in the pan. Heat that pan and put remaining ginger and garlic pieces and sauté until it turns brown. Now add all the onions slices and stir well.Add 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 1 tablespoon coriander powder. Add salt and stir well.
- When the onions become soft, add the fried chicken legs into the gravy and stir well. Cook for 5-6 minutes, so that chicken legs absorb the gravy.
- First, add a layer of rice, then add raisins, cashew nuts and vegetables on top. Then add few chicken legs. Now repeat the above steps – add rice, then fried veg, cashews, raisins and chicken legs. Finally, boils the eggs and put on top of the rice. Cover the rice with remaining vegetables, cashews and raisins.