When it comes to non vegetarian food, fish is one of the most commonly used items. There are lots of ways to eat fish. In India, people make varieties of curries using fish.
In this video we will explain how to make Basa fish very tasty. Using this recipe, you can make any fish very tasty.
Not all people are familiar with the name Basa. Because this fish has different name around the world. The scientific name is Pangasius bocourti. In Australia, this fish is called Basa fish only.
In United States, it is called either Basa or Bocourti fish. The other name of this fish is River Cobbler, Pangasius or Swai Fish.
Basa is popular because its price. This fish is one of the cheapest fish available in Australia. The price is cheap, because it is easy to grow and harvest.
Try our this best tasty recipe for basa fish or any other fish, and I am sure you will love it.
Pan Fry Basa Fish
- 500 g Basa Fish ( river cobbler/ Pangasius)
- 50 g Ginger fresh
- 50 g Garlic
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil virgin
- Salt to taste
- Cut Basa fish into small pieces. Also mince ginger and garlic. (You can use readymade ginger and garlic paste if you wish)
- Add ginger, garlic, chili powder, coconut oil, salt and water into a grinder and make a fine paste. Select chili powder as per your taste. We use paprika chili powder in this recipe.
- Apply the smooth paste on to the basa fish and mix well. Cover it and place in the fridge for minimum 2 hours.
- Heat a pan and add 3 spoons coconut oil. When oil is hot add the fish pieces. Change the flame to low and cook slowly. Turn the fish once the color start changing. You can turn it again, if you wish to cook more.
- Transfer fish to a plate and the tasty fish is ready to serve.
Please rate this recipe after you try it out in your home. You can watch more recipe videos on our YouTube channel. Please subscribe to our recipe videos, so that you will get notification once we publish our recipes.